Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Finding Beta Carotene in NYC

Why does eating on the street or standing in a gourmet store scarfing delights taste so good? Is it denial that you're really eating? Is it that sneaky feeling you get when you're treating yourself to 1/4 of a pound of a $25. per pound Nova? Or is it the respite from the harsh elements that throws us into places we've never tried or places we adore. I adore Dean & Deluca. It breathes new life into me when I pass through its doors. Standing by the window in their Soho location and sipping a latte or getting my beta carotene is a pleasure that I allow myself. After treats, I love to peruse the exotic wares and delectable foods. In addition to cooking and recipes and hysterical laughter, we want to show you some fun places here in our city. The truth is that sometimes the best pleasures are the treats we allow ourselves.
                    
                                                                                                              kisses, Zan

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever tried eating in the street in Hongkong? (or Beijing for that matter)

    First time i did it, it was a straight collision between myself & the infamous durian. At least i didn't have to clean the street afterwards....

    (Trust your nose, they always say. I wish i had)

    ReplyDelete